Topical Session submission
Topical Session / Workshop Information
The Scientific Committee for the XI. World Congress of the World Institute of Pain invites you to submit proposals for Topical Sessions and Workshops. All submitted proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. All accepted Topical Sessions and/or Workshops will be published in abstract form in a special supplement of the journal, Pain Practice. Topical Sessions and Workshops must be submitted via this website. Faxed or emailed proposals will not be considered.
Important Requirements (Please review)
• Topical Sessions and/or Workshops should be original and must not have been published or presented in this exact form at any other meeting prior to the Congress.
• Proposals must be submitted in English.
• All accepted Topical Sessions / Workshops will be published in abstract form in the official Congress publications.
• Topical Sessions / Workshops must be submitted by the announced deadline. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
• There is no limit to the number of proposals an author may submit.
Topical Session and Workshop submission opens: August 31, 2021
Topical Session and Workshop submission deadline: November 15, 2021
Notification deadline: December 15, 2021
Notification regarding acceptance/rejection will be sent to the corresponding author by December 15, 2021. If you DO NOT receive any e-mail notification, please contact Sandra Vamos via email: email@example.com
Topical Session and Workshop Preparation
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Create your new account and password. By doing so, you become the corresponding author.
You will receive an e-mail with your username and password to your given e-mail address.
Once logged in, you can submit your abstract by clicking “Create new abstract” (top right).
1. Corresponding Author’s contact details
The Corresponding Author is the person, whose contact details were given when creating new account. This author will receive all communication regarding the proposal’s status from the organizer.
-Daytime and evening phone numbers
2. Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
The format is a 90-minute session INCLUDING Q&A. Sessions involving interactive elements are encouraged where appropriate.
Submit an overall summary (abstract) including:
1. Title of the Session
3. Learning Objectives
4. Brief summary of the educational activity
5. Moderator name, moderator cv and contact
6. Additional speakers’ names, cv for each and contact information (up to 3 speakers total, INCLUDING the moderator)
7. The title of each individual speaker’s presentation
8. A statement indicating that all speakers have agreed to participate.
There is no option to save the proposal as a draft and to submit it at a later stage. If you do not submit your proposal in its entirety, the information will be deleted. After you submit your proposal, you can still re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your Topical Session / Workshop until the deadline of November 15, 2021. Please note that proposal must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Before submitting the Topical Session / Workshop, the Corresponding Author will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I have reviewed the proposed Topical Session / Workshop and that all information is correct and in accordance to the Topical Session / Workshop submission guidelines provided on the Congress website.
2. I accept that the contents of this Topical Session / Workshop cannot be modified or corrected after final submission.
3. Submission of the Topical Session / Workshop constitutes my consent to all congress publications.
4. I warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content (‘Content’) provided to WIP 2022 (Hereafter: ‘Organizers’). The publication of the Topical Session / Workshop does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
5. I grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
6. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication proposals that do not comply with the above.
7. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are correct, which will be used to notify me about the status of the Topical Session / Workshop. I am responsible for informing the additional authors about the status of the Topical Session / Workshop.
Conflict of Interest
You will be asked to confirm that you will disclose any conflict of interests in your presentation at the Congress.
TOPICAL SESSION / WORKSHOP SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
The Committee will review all submitted Topical Sessions / Workshops. Notification regarding acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the Corresponding Author.
Guidlines for Topical Session and Worskhop Submission
Using Appropriate Internet Browser
The on-line submission system runs under most of the recently updated internet browsers. Please ensure you are using one of the following browsers when submitting the proposal. If not, you can download the correct browser on the log-in page.
Please check your browser version number BEFORE using the abstract system.
Internet Explorer 9.0+
Mozilla Firefox 4.0+
Google Chrome 13.0+
Mozilla Firefox 4.0+
Google Chrome 13.0+
I am not able to add my Institute, Department and City. I am clicking the ADD button, but nothing happens.
Please check your browser, because using Internet Explorer 7.0 version might cause disfunction. You can download other browsers from the abstract system log-in page.
How do I check my browser?
Open your browser. Click on help menu (Windows) or Application Preferences (MAC OSX) and check “About …”.
The system does not accept my email address.
Please do not use capital letters in your e-mail address.
I clicked the “save and preview” button and nothing happens.
Please check all submitted data, look for error messages and please correct or fill missing fields.
Examples for frequent messages:
• Please select presenting author!
• Please check your overall abstract length! minimum character 500 …etc.
I clicked the “save and preview” button, but the system has not saved my proposal.
After clicking the (save and preview) button, you can preview your proposal.
If you want to modify it, you can select the edit button.
If the preview is correct, click the save button and your proposal will be submitted.
If you have any difficulty with the submission process that you cannot resolve yourself, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org